Norwest Christian College is an independent, co-educational P-12 school located in the growing north-west sector of Sydney. With the mission of Building Purposeful Lives; loving God, pursuing our purpose, and building our capacity, our community is focused upon facilitating great learning, serving others, and ensuring that each young person experiences loving and caring relationships in a supportive pastoral environment.
Central to the culture of our College is a strong emphasis upon the professional growth and development of our staff, actualised through bespoke learning programs for teachers. We prize our highly collegiate and supportive community, and look for opportunities to network with schools, the tertiary sector and other organisations to grow and share influence. We also seek to engage our teachers in their areas of passion and interest, providing opportunities for leadership and a professional presence within and beyond the College.
Teaching and learning at Norwest is a dynamic experience. Norwest Christian College educators are passionate about exploring and delivering 21st century pedagogies that enable students to flourish and thrive, and the College is fast growing a reputation for its progressive approach to teaching and learning that facilitates the building of learning behaviours.
The College is currently seeking to appoint a gifted and energetic Primary educator, for a six (6) month maternity leave position. Employment will be subject to the conditions of the current NSW Christian Schools Multi-Enterprise Agreement.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate at interview a personal faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and a lifestyle consistent with that faith, including an active commitment to a Christian fellowship, as well as the following skills and experience:
- a strong understanding of and commitment to Christian education and the Christian development of students;
- an appreciation of the value of building students’ learning power (BLP);
- the propensity to innovate;
- a comprehensive understanding of pedagogies and programs that lead to greater than ‘expected’ academic growth;
- a comprehensive understanding of 21st Century pedagogy including relevant technologies;
- the capacity to develop programmes that differentiate learning opportunities for students;
- experience in the use of data to deliver academic improvement; and
- a commitment to teamwork, transparent practice and collaboration.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter. Enquiries should be directed to the Principal’s Executive Assistant (email email@example.com or phone 02 8889 4600).
Applications should contain:
- a covering letter;
- a resume including relevant academic and work history, as well as professional experience and achievements and contact details for two professional referees and the minister/pastor of your current church; and
- copies of qualifications, including academic transcripts.
Candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to:
- provide a Working With Children Check clearance number or clearance letter;
- address each of the selection criteria in the context of an interview; and,
- prepare and present a brief digital presentation to demonstrate your unique qualities as a teacher.
Enquiries should be directed to the Principal’s Executive Assistant (email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 8889 4600).
Applications close Friday, 7 December 2018.