We are seeking a nurturing and organised carer to assist a lovely family in Manly. The carer will be responsible to care for two fun loving and well-behaved girls aged 6 and 4 years old.
The days and normal hours over 4 days are 16 hours –
Monday 3.00pm – 7.00pm
Tuesday 3.00pm – 7.00pm
Wednesday 3.00pm - 7.00pm
Friday 3.00pm - 7.00pm
The same hours or more will be required during the school holidays.
The nanny will be required to care for two girls aged 6 and 4 years. The girls are fun loving and outgoing, they love to bike ride and scooter, enjoy reading, painting and playing with their dolls. An ideal carer would get down at their level, be able to play and engage and be nurturing to their needs. You will be required to collect them from Queenswood School and or bus stop and also take the children to after school activities on certain days. A focus on homework daily with the girls and to be tidy and organised.
You are required to drive for this position and have a full drivers license, the family do have a Manual that is able to be used for school pick up and taken to /from after school activities.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Care for the girls and be nurturing
- Take them to afterschool activities as required on certain days
- School or bus pick up on all of the days
- Provide routine and structure to the children’s afternoons
- Assist and supervise with homework
- Cook dinner for the children
- Bath the children
- Prepare and cook meals for the family as required
- Assist with light household duties i.e. unpacking dishwasher, general tidying up after the children and clearing up after dinner, changing and washing children’s bed linen.
- Assist with laundry when time permits and changing children’s bed linen
- Assist the family with the grocery shopping and any ad hoc errands that may need to be done from time to time
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- To have a childcare qualification is preferred
- Experience caring for school age children would be of benefit
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- Display strong communication skills
- To be fit, and healthy and have lots of energy