CATTLE STATION ALL-ROUNDER
Paraway Pastoral Company – Davenport Downs
Davenport Downs and its outstation Springvale make up a 1.5 million hectare growing and fattening operation in Queensland’s Channel Country. Carrying an average of 25,000 head comprising of weaner steers, feeders and bullocks. Davenport and Springvale mostly receive younger cattle from Gregory, Armraynald and Rocklands destined for feeder, export or slaughter markets.
Paraway have an opportunity for a Station All-Rounder to join our team for 2020 and beyond.
Strong Emphasis is placed on a positive attitude, team culture and a safe working environment.
We’re looking for someone who is experienced in all (or some) of the various aspects of station operations and who is happy to jump in and get the job done wherever they are needed.
The experience and skills we require from the successful applicant include:
- Experience in general station maintenance, development and livestock handling;
- Experience in machinery operation (Loader, Grader, Bobcat & Road train);
- Experience in vehicle, truck and machine maintenance including troubleshooting and basic repairs;
- Effective communication skills & ability to lead other staff when required;
- Ability to think innovatively;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail; and
- A diligent approach to WH&S.
The role will be based at Davenport Downs and work will be across the whole property. You may be required to stay for periods at the outstation or other locations on the property with suitable accommodation supplied. The role will report directly to the Manager at Davenport Downs. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience.
Phone enquiries are encouraged - please contact Ross Myhill on (07) 46 573 033.
Applications close Friday 13th December 2019. Candidates wishing to apply should apply through our website at www.paraway.com.au/careers/