All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space (gspacetech.com) is the leading Australian rocket company pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently seeking a CNC Machinist to join our fast-paced, highly enthusiastic, and dedicated team in Queensland, Australia.
- Manufacturing and modifying high quality components suitable for use in an aerospace applications.
- Carrying out Engineering requests that support the development and manufacture of jigs, fixtures and specialised tooling, ensuring tooling is always in compliance with industry standards.
- Ensuring Good Manufacturing Practice always applies whilst providing ongoing maintenance and organization of toolroom equipment.
- Interfacing with external suppliers for sourcing material and tooling required for manufacturing jobs.
- Interfacing with the Engineering team to ensure manufacturing constraints are incorporated in the design process.
- Grow the company’s precision manufacturing capability by assessing the appropriate hardware and staff required to meet company goals.
Key requirements / Selection Criteria:
- Trade qualifications as a Fitter and Turner with Toolmaking experience.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience manufacturing precision components using lathes, mills, CNC machines, and general workshop equipment.
- Experience manufacturing components that require a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to generate toolpaths using CAM software.
- Experience using CAD software.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Engineering staff and provide Design For Manufacturing (DFM) advice.
- Demonstrated mechanical design skills and the ability to interpret innovative design ideas and adopt new engineering techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to be a good team player and go above and beyond to meet schedule requirements.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Experience in manufacture of aerospace grade components.
- Ability to manufacture small and large complex components.
- Experience working with a range of materials.
- Operation of CNC machines that ulitise FANUC controllers.
- CAD/CAM and Solidworks experience.
- Enthusiasm for space related hardware and the industry in general.
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.