All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space (gspacetech.com) is a leading rocket company based in Queensland, Australia pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Technician to join our team. The position will create and assemble quality components vital to the core of Gilmour Space's innovative designs.
In your role you will: -
- Evaluate and understand engineering (CAD) drawings and follow detailed work instructions
- Assemble, install and test flight / nonflight hardware
- Use precision calibrated tools such as torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers etc.
- Hands on operations with small and fragile components as well as large complex assemblies
- Ensure the highest quality control standards are met
- Maintain a challenging production schedule whilst working in a safe and professional manner
- Perform high pressure pneumatic testing
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
You will have: -
- Minimum 2 year's experience is essential for this role and should include experience within a high reliability operating environment, ideally within the space/aerospace industry
- Must have exceptional time management, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
- Knowledge of temperature, pressure and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems and propulsion engines.
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity.
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter. Remuneration $60,000 to $85,000 + Super.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.