All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Receiving Inspector to join our fast-paced, highly enthusiastic, and dedicated team in Queensland, Australia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform precision inspection verification on mechanical parts, components, assemblies and materials. May include but is not limited to purchased parts, in-process and final assemblies, and materials for workmanship and conformance to specifications/drawings.
- Perform picking function to create necessary kits of parts, material, and hardware as required, assuring that all parts are accounted for and available in kits.
- Use electronic ERP system to record inspection results and route parts and components to proper departments
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with manufactures manuals/procedures.
- Understand engineering drawings and utilise inspection equipment including but not limited to; micrometers, calipers, height & bore gauges.
- Approve or reject items and documents inspection results as required.
- Independently perform verification and document results in a clear, precise and complete manner.
Preferred skills and experience:
Minimum 2 years’ experience is preferred for this role and should include experience within a high reliability operating environment, ideally within the space/aerospace industry.
Must have exceptional time management, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
Experience with the use of metrology tools and gauges
Ability to rapidly adapt to changes in roles and responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
Experience with ERP systems and other related inventory equipment/software
Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
It is essential to have the skills to work efficiently in a team environment and should have a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department.
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.