All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is a leading rocket company based in Queensland, Australia pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Technician to join our fast-paced, highly enthusiastic, and dedicated team in Queensland, Australia. The position will assemble, troubleshoot, repair, and perform regular maintenance and work on launch vehicle components, integrated rocket hardware, and supporting test equipment at the Manufacturing Facility and Test Site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work according to drawings, procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Stage, set up, assemble, test, and integrate R&D and Flight hardware
- Perform post-test operations and inspections to ensure flight worthy hardware
- Use precision calibrated tools such as torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Fabricate, repair, and assemble hardware/equipment needed
- Develop novel ways site wide to streamline processes and increase the reliability of operations
- Hands on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and document activities
- Ensure the highest quality control standards are met
- Ensure all services are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner
- Maintain a challenging production schedule whilst working in a safe and professional manner
- Perform high pressure pneumatic testing
- Operate and maintain hardware, high pressure systems and pumps, and other ancillary equipment including pneumatic components
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience is essential for this role and should include working with and troubleshooting complex mechanical systems, high pressure fluid/pneumatic systems, or heavy equipment, ideally within the aerospace industry
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using power tools, hand tools and calibrated tooling
- Knowledge of temperature, pressure and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems and propulsion engines
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity
- Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- Must have exceptional time management, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- It is essential to have the skills to work efficiently in a team environment and should have a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.