All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space Technologies (www.gspacetech.com) is a leading rocket company based in Queensland, Australia that is pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
As part of a small, passionate team of experts, you will be responsible for designing algorithms and implementing flight-critical software for Gilmour’s Eris vehicle – a rocket system to deliver small satellites to orbit. The control laws include algorithms responsible for communicating to the effectors and sensors on the vehicle. This role is intended to support early and mid-career engineers that seek to professionally grow into more seasoned aerospace engineers responsible for autonomous systems development. You should be comfortable in working in a fast-paced and often uncertain environment, contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating individual leadership, technical competence, and attention to detail.
You will be responsible for:
- Design, analyse, and tune vehicle attitude and position control loops using time and frequency domain techniques
- Analyse and test the vehicle GNC subsystem performance using simulations and other analytic tools
- Implement GNC algorithms in C++ flight software and support flight software qualification testing
- Support software verification efforts, including HWIL qualification test programs
- Perform analyses, including simulations, to satisfy top-level system specifications and requirements
- Assist in developing verification and validation procedures to ensure software products will perform as specified to meet system and subsystem requirements
- Identify opportunities for improving safety and reducing operational costs
You will have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or relevant STEM degree, plus related experience
- Previous experience with design of algorithms for classical, modern, and non-linear control system design theory,
- Demonstrated competence in tuning inertial navigation system filters
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing inner-loop control systems and software for linear and nonlinear sensor and actuator subsystems including the development of models suitable for control system design
- Experience with MATLAB/SIMULINK and interfacing with external C++ programs
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++ software development practices
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
Gilmour Space’s Vision is to benefit humanity through the tireless pursuit of innovation in space technology to reach all orbits and all planets.
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change. Innovation, creativity and diversity is encouraged.
If you have the above requirements and are highly organized and capable of planning complex technical work, click the green apply button now.