All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently searching for an Electrical Engineer (Power Systems) to join our engineering team in Queensland, Australia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct technical analysis, perform design and sizing of flight power systems, participate in development reviews, investigations, modifications, and repairs related to launcher electrical systems
- Generate and maintain solutions to suit the launch vehicle power needs and respecting safety standards and criteria
- Work in a collaborative team environment
- Hold a relevant tertiary degree qualification sufficient to satisfy the requirements for membership with Engineers Australia (MIEAust)
- 5+ years of experience in domains such as aircraft / drone electrical systems
- Experience with high performance electrical motors and relevant power supplies
- Experience in space-related programs is an advantage but not essential
- Exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment with a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.