All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently searching for an Electrical Engineer (Radio Frequency Systems) to join our fast-paced, highly enthusiastic, and dedicated team in Queensland, Australia. The candidate shall have a significant level of experience in modern Digital Communications and will join our avionics team working on the development of the telemetry and telecommand systems for the ERIS launch vehicle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Issue requirements on RF telemetry and tele-command communications
- Participate in the design of the telemetry system (including the system-level architecture) of the Launch vehicle for transmission of flight data to ground
- Enforce design, system and specifications as required
- Plan, document, and execute Verification and Validation activities
- Identify project and product risks and escalate using defined processes
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Electronics, Electrical or Software Engineering
- 5+ years of RF technology experience and knowledge
- Experience with telemetry or telecommand systems for drones is a plus
- A strong track record in Systems Engineering
- A high level of understanding of user requirements
- Exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
Ideally, the successful applicant will have experience with Systems Engineering tools and knowledge of Systems Engineering Standards and is required to have qualifications in Engineering/Science and previous experience working with large complex systems.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.