All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Propulsion Engineer (Liquid Oxygen Systems) to join our fast-paced, highly enthusiastic, and dedicated team in Queensland, Australia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the design development work of all liquid oxygen-based rocket propulsion systems for ground and flight operations
- Manage the technical requirements for all components needed for liquid oxygen (LOx) propulsion systems
- Develop the cleaning and purging process required for oxygen service
- Support the development of the cryogenic fluids systems needs for test range and spaceport use
- Lead Hazard and Operability Analysis (Hazop) of fluid systems
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or relevant STEM degree
- 3+ years of experience from relevant industry
- Experience with the design of LOx propulsion systems
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) software packages
- Experience with pressurized components (valves, regulators, tubes, pipes, etc.)
- Ability to design and read piping and instrumentation diagram
- Ability to perform calculations and analysis of fluids systems
- Exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.