All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are currently seeking a Propulsion Engineer (Turbopump Systems) to join our fast-paced, highly enthusiastic, and dedicated team in Queensland, Australia.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform design and development work of all liquid oxygen-based turbopump systems
- Assist in fabrication and integration of turbopump components and sub-systems
- Prepare and take part in testing of turbopumps and related components
- Assist in rocket motor test programs where turbos are used
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechanical or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or relevant STEM degree
- 3+ years of experience from relevant industry
- Experience with the design of turbo machinery and pumps for cryogenic fluids
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) software packages
- Ability to perform calculations and analysis of turbopump system
- Exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are a proactive team player with a can-do attitude and passion for or experience in the aerospace industry, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.