Applications are now open for those who wish to be considered for employment as a Life Saving Victoria (LSV) paid lifeguard for the 2020/2021 season.
Positions exist for beach lifeguards, event lifeguards, as well as specialist roles for RWC lifeguards and lifeguards at Rowing Victoria events.
Applications close 6 September 2020
Applicants may nominate to apply for work as an event lifeguard. Event lifeguard work is available year-round for events both within Melbourne and regional areas.
Prior to completing the application form, please ensure you have confirmed your prerequisite qualifications through your SLS Members Portal account via https://portal.sls.com.au
Positions available (please indicate on the application form all roles you are interested in):
- Beach Lifeguard
- RWC Lifeguard
- Event Lifeguard
- Bronze Medallion (Certificate II in Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue))
- First Aid / Apply (Senior) First Aid
- Spinal Management Award
- Advanced Resuscitation Techniques Certificate (ARTC)
- Silver Medallion Beach Management
- IRB Crew
- Current Employment Working with Children Check
- IRB Driver (strongly encouraged)
- Gold Medallion (strongly encouraged)
- ATV Operators Certificate / Induction (strongly encouraged)
- RWC – Rescue Water Craft Operator Certificate
- Pool Lifeguard
Beach Lifeguard Positions will be available across the following regions:
- Bayside, Kingston and Surf Coast (RWC)
- Surf Coast & Otway
The main employment period is from 26 December 2020 through to 26 January 2020 with extended periods at Woolamai, Portsea, Ocean Grove, Geelong, Torquay, Anglesea and Lorne.
Lifeguards may nominate their preferred location/s, however allocations will be made based on operational requirements. Where possible we will place successful applicants at their preferred locations. Lifeguards are encouraged to work in different areas across the state to further develop their lifeguarding experience.
Further details www.lsv.com.au/careers or contact Hiring Manager Briana Newson firstname.lastname@example.org