We are seeking a nurturing, experienced, fun nanny to assist a busy family in Neutral Bay. The nanny will be responsible to care for 2 boys an outgoing and energetic 3 year old and a happy easy going 8 month old baby.
The days and normal hours over 3 days - 24 hours
Wednesday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Thursday 9.00am - 5.00pm
Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm
An ideal nanny will be energetic and have fun with the boys. To be able to show compassion, be nurturing and warm with the children yet firm when needed. To follow the children’s routines, implement age appropriate/developmental activities and engage and have fun with the children.
You must have experience working with 2 children in the 0-5 age group. Mandarin speaking is preferred though not essential.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Care for the 2 children
- Provide routine and structure
- Provide age appropriate activities and engage with the children
- Take the children to activities ie parks, swimming, etc
- Cook and prepare meals for the children
- Cook for the family (occasionally)
- Run errands (occasionally)
- Assist with light household duties related to care for boys (ie. cleaning after feeding, tidying toys post play, encouraging boys to participate in this
- Laundry - potential assistance with excess laundry if a load needs to be moved from the machine or dryer etc.
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- At least 3-5 years experience as a nanny or working in child care
- Experience caring for 2 children and in the 0-5 age bracket
- Nurturing, calm and happy personality
- Honest and reliable
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Basic cooking skills
- Display strong communication skills
- Be able to swim
- Mandarin speaking (preferred though not essential)
- Full Drivers Licence and clean driving record