Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Engineer with up to 1-2 years of work experience in Mechanical Engineering or related fields to join the Gilmour Space family. Working closely with the engineering teams to design mechanisms and structures for our launch vehicles.
To succeed in the role, you will hold degree qualifications, be an innovative team player who is passionate about space technology and looking for a long term, rewarding career in aerospace.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design customer hardware and maintain existing documentation
- Design and test vehicle structures and mechanisms using CAD and FEA software
- Review specifications and data to develop mechanical layouts
- Create detailed drawings incorporating an understanding of GD&T
- Analyse and interpret data collected during testing
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree qualification in Engineering – Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Aerospace, or related fields
- 1+ years of mechanical or structural design and drafting experience (including internship or personal projects)
- Excellent CAD skills
- Solid technical aptitude, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional time management, interpersonal and organisational skills
You will be confident, creative with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment. Hands on experience in "things that move" during your time at university (or prior, since) will be required.