Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for a strategic, result’s driven Supply Chain Manager to join our team. You will contribute towards the company’s strategic and operational targets by developing, monitoring, and continually reviewing the supply chain activities for Gilmour Space. Working collaboratively with the leadership team you will focus on continual improvement of performance, efficiency, and costs where it relates to supply chain. You will be a self-motivated, team player who is passionate about technology and the aerospace industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of warehouse strategies for production materials or finished products
- Analyse data from shipping and delivery processes to resolve issues and improve efficiencies
- Build relationships with suppliers to forecast demand and create supply chain plans
- Plan monitor and optimize inventory levels and oversee warehouse efficiency
- Development, train and implement standard operating procedures as they relate to the supply chain
- Weekly reporting requirements
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in supply chain or warehouse related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Working experience of ERP systems (Setup experience would be highly regarded)
- Excellent leadership, motivational and negotiating skills
- Well-developed organization and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office applications
This is a hands on role and would suit applicants who have the ability to work both at a strategic level as well as working on the shop floor carrying out general warehousing duties and tasks.
It is essential that the successful candidate has a demonstrated commitment and good understanding of workplace health, safety, and environment legislation.
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.