Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for a results driven Structural/Mechanical Engineer to join our team. As a member of the Vehicle design team you will work with a team of elite engineers across multiple disciplines to design, build, and activate infrastructure that will enable assembly and orbital launch capability. The focus of this role is to design launch and test site structures and mechanisms, and Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) for use in vehicle assembly and launch operations.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering practices and principles, calculation methods, standards and specifications relating to structural disciplines.
- Coordinates iterative design development via 3-D CAD and structural analysis modeling for launch site, infrastructure, and Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE).
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, owners, and clients.
- Design suitable MGSE including interfaces and configurations based on stakeholder input and prior experience.
- Coordinates MGSE fabrication, delivery, and proof testing.
- Degree qualified in Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Experience (min 2-3 years) in Structural design engineering for a relevant industry, e.g. mining, commercial and heavy industrial.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of Australian Building Codes and relevant Standards.
- Experience with CAD (preferably Solidworks) and product data management software (PDM).
- Experience with FEA (preferably ANSYS) as applied to large structures.
- Understanding of other disciplines such as hydraulics, electrical, piping, geotechnical, electrical, and surveying.
- Experience with project management of major construction projects including estimating, cost control, schedule, and contractor management.
- Experience designing reinforced concrete and associated civil works.
- Hold or ability to apply for RPEQ or CPEng qualifications.
A self-motivated, team player with a background in the Aerospace or related industries and a passion for the space industry is essential to the success of this role.
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.