All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for a results-oriented IT System Engineer to join our team. You will be working closely with the IT System Administrator, engineers, and the broader Gilmour Space team to support the IT requirements of the business. You will be a highly motivated, energetic, team player who is passionate about technology and the aerospace industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide high-quality Level 1 / 2 support to all Gilmour employees
- Provide general support to all IT systems and assist with deployment of new technologies
- Ensure availability and up-time of corporate systems (desktops, servers, mobile devices, network infrastructure, etc.)
- Setup of workstations, laptops and network devices for new employees and ad-hoc projects
- Manage on-boarding/off-boarding process of employees and conduct regular access reviews
- Provision equipment, software, and accounts for new employees
- Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of IT instructions, procedures and asset inventory
- Investigate new systems and solutions for Gilmour to consider
- Assist with purchasing and communication with 3rd party vendors
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 1+ years in System Administration role and 3+ years in customer facing role
- Bachelor in IT related field, system engineering or system administration
- OS experience across - Linux, Windows, Mac OS, Android, iOS.
- Exposure to scripting languages – Bash, PowerShell.
- Office365, AWS, Azure AD/Active Directory - including Group Policy and administration experience
- Networking and firewall experience
- Strong awareness of Data Security
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business
- Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task
Although not essential, working knowledge of virtualisation technology (Hyper-v, Proxmox), interest in open source projects and concepts of ITIL would be highly regarded.
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter. Your cover letter should briefly address your relevancy for this role, your achievements and motivation.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members