We are seeking an energetic, caring and responsible nanny to assist a lovely and busy family in Double Bay, The nanny will be responsible to care for 3 great boys, one content and wonderful independent 11 year old , a sporty and active 7 year old and an expressive and loving 3 year old.
The days and normal hours over 5 days - 30 hours
Monday 2.00pm - 7.00pm
Tuesday 2.00pm - 7.00pm
Wednesday 2.00pm - 7.00pm
Thursday 2.00pm - 7.00pm - Every alternative week till 10.00pm
Friday 2.00pm - 7.00pm
Times can be made flexible for the right candidate
Occasionally more hours may be required
Note: Full Drivers licence (to drive own vehicle preferred, mileage to be reimbursed )
An ideal nanny will be energetic, caring, responsible and extremely proactive. Be fit and have a healthy/active lifestyle! Be able to follow the children’s routine, be a good role model to them and help the family out with the general running of the household and be able to get in and get things done without much direction.
An ex teacher or tutoring experience would be advantageous.
Must be comfortable to work alongside Mum and assist her with the running of the household and children’s activities, homework etc.
The carer’s responsibilities for this role will be as follows –
- Care for the children
- Provide routine and structure
- Assistance with homework
- Occasionally pick the children up from school
- Take the children to activities ie parks, library and appointments when required
- Assist with light household duties i.e.general tidying up and keeping the main areas tidy.ie Floors may needs to be swept or vacuum up messes or wipe down surfaces. Need to be proactive to see what needs to be done.
- Grocery Shopping (weekly top up shops when required)
- Cook healthy and nutritious meals for the family
- Family laundry
- Run errands when required
The family’s expectations from their nanny are –
- 3-5 years experience as a nanny or working with children
- Teacher experience or child care qualification preferred
- Energetic but also calm personality
- Motivated and reliable
- Responsible and proactive
- Speak Fluent English & Display strong communication skills
- Have a current first aid certificate (or happy to obtain one)
- Have a current working with children’s check number
- To be fit, healthy and active
- Full Drivers Licence . clean driving record and own car (preferred)
- Be able to cook
- Be able to swim