- Mixed enterprise livestock focus
- Operational level responsibilities
- Yea, VIC region
Our client operates a Prime Lamb, Crossbred Ewes and cattle livestock business of significant scale based near Yea, within an hour of Melbourne. Due to a departure for career progression, the position of Overseer is available for a passionate livestock expert to join the business.
Reporting to and working alongside the Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the operations of the livestock enterprises including the management of staff and have valued input into daily operational decisions. You will be hands on in all activities, leading the way with attention to detail while also being flexible to the ever developing business.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate the following:
- Significant knowledge and experience with sheep and cattle operations, including logistics management and pasture management strategies
- Experience leading people and have worked in a team environment
- A passion for livestock and producing high quality product
A salary will be negotiable with experience and the package includes a renovated three bedroom home on farm, situated only 20 minutes to a variety of schools and services in Yea, while eastern Melbourne is within an hours drive.
Please click the apply button with reference to position number 1309.1. For a confidential conversation or to find out more information, call Gilles Clarisse at Meridian Agriculture on 03 5341 6100.