All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
We are not actively recruiting for this role; however, we are always looking for talented, hard-working individuals with demonstrated skill in Propulsion Engineering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fluid and mechanical design of rocket engines and test stands for hybrid and liquid rocket engines.
- Develop CAD models and drawings of test stands and rocket engine components.
- Analyse and archive hot fire test data.
- Troubleshoot systems and root cause analysis.
- Assist/Lead qualification and acceptance testing of propulsion systems.
- Ballistic simulations and simulation tool development for development of orbital class motor.
- Develop written procedures and checklist for orchestrating testing operations.
- Develop written procedures for manufacturing test components.
- Assist in the assembly and fabrication of motor components, when required.
- Other duties as requested by management.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or relevant STEM degree
- 3+ years of experience from relevant industry
- Experience with the design of propulsion propulsion systems
- Experience in fast pace design teams such as formula SAE.
- Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) software packages
- Experience with pressurized components (valves, regulators, tubes, pipes, etc.)
- Ability to perform calculations and analysis of fluids systems
- Exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment.
How to Apply:
Please express your interest by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.
*Note: This is an expression of interest only and we will contact you should a vacancy become available in your area of interest.