Paraway Pastoral Company Limited (Paraway) owns and operates large-scale sheep and cattle enterprises across Australia. Beginning with its purchase of the historic Riverina sheep stud "Pooginook" in 2007, Paraway has grown to become one of the largest pastoral land owner/operators in Australia, with a total combined land holding of over 4.4 million hectares.
Paraway is focussed on safe and environmentally sustainable farming operations which encompass our values and culture.
Acquired in 2016, Rocklands is Paraway’s largest cattle breeding operation, situated on the border of Queensland and the Northern Territory on the Barkly Tableland some 7klm from the township of Camooweal. Rocklands runs a 24,000 breeder herd (total herd over 45,000 head) consisting of a crossbred base with a heavy influence of Angus and Santa Gertrudis genetics.
Supported by a dedicated on-station team and working closely with GM Northern and corporate office, the Station Manager drives culture, efficiency and profitability of the farm through the management of day to day station activities as well as ensuring a consistent focus on work health and safety.
Due to internal promotion, Paraway is now seeking expressions of interest from outstanding, experienced and self-motivated candidates interested in managing this reputable business.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate proven experience in both the commercial and technical aspects of managing a high performing large scale cattle enterprise, including:
- Exceptional business management skills combined with a high level of commercial acumen;
- Proven capability as a leader that can plan, drive and execute high levels of performance and manage a diverse, dynamic workforce;
- Highly developed communication skills;
- Best practice approaches and experience in large scale cattle production;
- A solid understanding of native pasture and grazing management and animal performance best practice;
- Strong financial reporting and computer skills;
- A strong commitment to employee safety and welfare;
- The ability to act and show leadership in a diverse regional team, within the corporate structure and the community generally;
- The ability to represent Paraway at relevant industry and community forums and manage stakeholder relationships with key clients within the industry.
Most importantly Paraway recognises its people are the difference between average performance and the best, and as such, we are seeking candidates who are as passionate about agriculture and beef production as they are about developing their people.
The successful candidate will report to the General Manager, North and will be responsible for the planning and management of the entire property and associated activities.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered, commensurate with experience.
Applications close 22 January 2021 and must include a CV and resume and complete screening questions.
You must have valid Australian work rights, be willing to undergo background screening including reference checking and psychometric testing.
Paraway proudly supports an inclusive and diverse workforce and all those who meet the criteria are encouraged to apply.