All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our team. As a member of the mechanical team, you will ensure the smooth running of the department as well as the design and testing of an orbital class rocket. You will document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Orbital vehicle design & integration of propulsion/avionics sub-systems into vehicle structure
- Mechanical design of custom hardware and maintenance of existing documentation
- Critically review structures and mechanical systems in the design of launch vehicles
- Application of technical knowledge to assist in defining the standards set within the team
- Identify appropriate development plans to ensure cost, quality, reliability and delivery requirements are achieved.
- Create document packages for design reviews and contribute as required to test reviews
- Provide senior influence and support of the development and work allocation of the mechanical engineering team in liaison with management
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree of Mechanical or Aerospace engineering
- 5+ years of industry experience in design engineering of complex mechanical applications involving the integration multiple sub-systems (e.g. rockets, aircraft, ships, motor racing)
- Excellent knowledge of physics, engineering materials and manufacturing processes
- Advanced problem solving and analytical skills – able to see the big picture, make connections and appropriate decisions
- Ability to progress a product from conceptual design through to production
- Extensive experience of CAD (preferably solidworks) and FEA tools (preferably solidworks simulation and / or Ansys)
- Working knowledge of the space industry
A self-motivated, team player with a background in the Aerospace or related industries and a passion for the space industry is essential to the success of this role.
Although not essential, experience in a leadership role will be highly regarded.
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.