All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced and highly motivated Welder to join our team on the Gold Coast.
You will be responsible for:
- Welding, assembling, and fabricating various formed metal structures and sub-assembly components
- Using precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometers and calipers
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications and test instructions
- Read and interpret technical drawings, and follow detailed work instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Operate forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment
- Blend, fill and shear sheet metal piece parts
You will have:
- Trade Certificate Level 3
- 3+ years of experience with TIG welding
- 3+ years of experience in welding with one or more of the following materials: stainless steel, carbon steel, Inconel or (aluminium preferred)
- Highly proficient in pressure vessel welding, cutting, grinding and fabrication
- Proficient in blueprint reading and lay out
- Knowledge and experience completing welds that pass visual before being X-rayed or dye penned
- Experience with overhead cranes and forklifts
- Experience with aerospace TIG welding (highly desirable).
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.