All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced and highly motivated Manual Machinist to join our team on the Gold Coast.
You will be responsible for:
- Manufacturing and modifying high quality components suitable for use in an aerospace application
- Carrying out engineering requests that support the development and manufacture of jigs, fixtures, and specialised tooling, ensuring tooling is always in compliance to industry standards
- Ensuring good manufacturing practice always applies whilst providing ongoing maintenance and organisation of toolroom equipment
- Interfacing with external suppliers for sourcing material and tooling required for manufacturing jobs
- Interfacing with the engineering team to ensure manufacturing constraints are incorporated in the design process
- Grow the company’s precision manufacturing capability by assessing the appropriate hardware and staff to meet company goals
- Supporting other manufacturing tasks as dictated by the needs of the business
You will have:
- Trade qualified Toolmaker or Fitter & Turner Machinist
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience manufacturing precision components using lathes, mills, and general workshop equipment
- Experience manufacturing components that require a high level of accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineering staff and provide manufacturing advice
- Demonstrated ability to be a good team player and go above and beyond to meet schedule requirements
- Experience in manufacture of aerospace grade components, preferred
- Ability to manufacture small and large complex components, preferred
- Experience working with a range of materials, preferred
- Enthusiasm for space related hardware and the industry in general, preferred
How to apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.