All Orbits, All Planets™ – Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles
An exciting new opportunity exists for a GNC Engineer - Satellites to contribute towards the achievement of the company’s overall business aims by performing satellite mission definition and development, including system analyses, sizing, trajectories, and ADCS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Design and analysis of satellite attitude determination and control systems.
- ADCS hardware performance specification including reaction wheel and torque rod sizing, sensor noise and performance characteristics, and fault management.
- Develop high fidelity 6 degree of freedom single and multi-vehicle simulation using C++.
- Implement closed loop pointing, orbit raising, and station keeping algorithms.
- Analyze platform stability to ensure low jitter of line-of-sight instruments.
- Various first principles derived analyses.
- Other duties as requested by Leader.
Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in physics or an engineering discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in Satellite development.
- Software development experience in C++ or Python.
- Experience with satellite attitude determination and/or orbital mechanics
- Master's degree or PhD in physics or an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated project or professional experience in either satellite attitude determination and control or orbit raising and station keeping.
- Experience with flexible body control, orbital maneuvering, filtering, fault management, software development, and navigation filtering.
- Strong understanding of classical dynamics, orbital mechanics, modeling and simulation, and software development.
- Cradle to grave development of three axis stabilized spacecraft incorporating momentum, magnetic, and propulsive control.
- Low thrust trajectory optimization for orbital maneuvering.
- Capable of identifying and solving complex problems with little to no supervision or direction.
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.