All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Quality & Reliability Lead Engineer to coordinate the execution of and continuously improve quality and reliability systems, processes and practices in the development, production and operation of launch vehicles and launch services at Gilmour Space Technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Supervise execution of quality assurance activities using company processes and systems in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Implement training and certifications as needed to maintain a highly skilled, flexible, and capable work force
- Undertake and support the conduct of failure modes, effects and criticality analysis, and other reliability analyses
- Lead root cause and corrective action process; perform root cause analysis, product containment, and recommend and support the implementation of corrective actions that are necessary to reduce or eliminate recurring non-conformances
- Responsible for the critical characteristic control within the production process, including the establishment of necessary equipment/layout requirements
- Perform in-process and final end to end inspections on flight hardware
- Document production and test anomalies in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes as required
- Communicate and help resolve quality related issues as they relate to the site and other Gilmour Space Technologies locations
- Routinely observe technical operations and offer guidance and/or serve as an additional technical resource
- Determine conformance to standards compliance to ASA and customer, as well as internal specifications to meet launch and mission requirements
- Support quality management system policies and procedure documentation, assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement initiatives
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or several years’ experience in quality assurance in the aerospace or manufacturing sector
- Experience leading a team
- Practical experience with quality management standards (ISO 9001 or AS9100) and lean manufacturing
- Experience with the executing of FMECA methods and statistical reliability analysis and control
- Experience in quality inspection methods and tools (borescope, precision measuring, coordinate measurement machines)
- Experience with positive material identification
- AOQ and or AuSQ certifications
- Knowledge of structural production and fastening methods
- Strong computer and analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheets, databases, manufacturing management software (ERP/MRP) and related programs.
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with aerospace quality hardware
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.