All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
A new exciting opportunity exists for a passionate and highly motivated IT Systems Administrator who will be overseeing plans and improving our Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems and infrastructure. This will enable our Engineers and Technicians to design, analyse, test and manufacture aerospace hardware, while complying with the latest information security standards, to ensure that company data is protected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network, servers, and virtualisation.
- Install and upgrade software, hardware, network systems, and integrate automation processes.
- Manage network, servers, storage, and technology tools.
- Monitor systems performance and troubleshoot related issues.
- Monitor network and ensure security and efficiency of IT infrastructure, both physical and virtual.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages by running diagnostics and document problems, resolutions, system changes and setups, prioritising problems, and assess impact of issues.
- Act as an escalation point for the IT Systems Engineer
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or upgrades of existing IT infrastructure.
- Upgrade HW/SW systems with new releases and patches.
- Maintain, investigate, recommend, and contribute to strategic development of ICT solutions in a way that enables business objectives.
- Other duties as requested by Management.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, System Administration, or a closely related field, or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in network administration and/or system administration
- Evidence of exceptional ability
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role providing Level 3 support across Microsoft Stack (AD, Exchange, O365 Admin, SharePoint, Power-Bi, Dynamics…) and Linux (Ubuntu/RedHat) fleet
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and related protocols, system security (e.g. RBAC, IDS, IPS, DLP), encryption methods and data backup/recovery practises and solutions.
- Experience with databases, cloud solutions Azure/AWS, networks (LAN, WAN, WLAN, SAN, NAS, VPN), HPC systems and related software.
- Ability to analyse and automate processes with scripting and automation tools, active knowledge of PowerShell, Bash, Python and GPO Management
- Practical experience with RMM, MDM, MAM tools.
- Working knowledge of virtualisation, Hyper-V, Proxmox, or equivalent.
- The ability to work independently and part of teams.
- Excellent communication skills and sense for our mission.
- Problem-solving aptitude and ability to adapt to complex and fast-moving environment.
- Understanding of ITIL, SOE highly desirable.
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, or other network related fields are a plus.
Policies and Procedures:
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.