Expressions of interest are currently being sought for LSV Communications Operators ahead of the 2021/2022 lifesaving season.
LSV Communications Operators are responsible for:
- receiving and processing mission critical and non-emergency state-wide radio and telephone communications.
- coordinating the allocation of resources to emergency incidents.
- contributing to the wellbeing and safety of Lifesaving Victoria’s members and the Victorian community.
- contributing to the Lifesaving Services operational mission.
LSV Communications Operator role includes:
- Working as a part of a small team in a dynamic, technology-based environment
- Incident management, dispatching and monitoring resources via computer assisted dispatch system (CAD)/LIMSOC.
- Liaising with the Victoria Police Rescue Coordination Centre (RCC), State Command Centre (SCC), Ambulance Victoria (AV) and other external stakeholders.
- Operators are expected to be available to work seven days per week on a rotating roster from November – April.
- Communications operators are required to submit their availability upon appointment and be able to commit to this availability for the season.
- Operators will be required to work from either the Port Melbourne or Geelong communications centre.
- Minimum rosters will be published for the entire season with additional staffing shifts allocated on an adhoc basis dependant on weather and seasonal requirements.
- Operators may be required to attend further training sessions, team meetings and participate in other activities as required.
- Operators will be required to attend five days of training prior to the season commencing.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age as of 1 November 2021
- Be or be willing to become a member of a Life Saving Victoria affiliated Life Saving Club or service.
- Current working with children check
- Availability for preseason training
Desirable Qualifications (Previous radio communications experience.)
- Certificate II Public Safety (Aquatic Rescue) / Bronze Medallion
- Level 2 First Aid
- Previous emergency management experience
Applications close 12 September 2021
Further details www.lsv.com.au/careers or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered for this position, please submit your application with a covering letter, ensuring you address the key criteria here: