Get your hands dirty on the tools and undertake an Outdoor Power Equipment Mechanic Apprenticeship. This exciting opportunity based in Nambour will see you working full-time, across 4 years to gain a nationally accredited Certificate III in Outdoor Power Equipment Technology.
Throughout the duration of your apprenticeship, you will earn while you learn, get continuous mentoring, and full training. This role will mainly see you based in the workshop, working with lawn mowers, chainsaws, brush cutters, generators, post hold diggers, pumps, and other similar engines/motors.
- Small engine maintenance, service, and repairs
- General workshop duties
- Diagnostics of faults and troubleshooting
- Preparing relevant documentation
- Use of specialised equipment and tools
- A genuine interest in all things mechanical
- Strong problem-solving skills
- A reliable work ethic
- An eye for detail and a good team player
- Have a thirst for knowledge
Other Key Requirements:
- Current drivers licence highly regarded
- Have high mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
- Have a keen, positive can-do attitude
About the Team
This opportunity is with a reputable family business that have been in business for over 25 years and are the leading small engine specialists on the Sunshine Coast. With a team of 9 staff, the successful candidate will be supervised by the two qualified mechanics and will join an existing apprentice mechanic.
Community Solutions is a non-for-profit organisation operating as a commercial business, providing apprentices and trainees to a variety of different businesses throughout the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. We provide apprentices and trainees important career guidance and opportunity to earn while they learn. Dedicated Field Officers are assigned to apprentices and trainees to provide ongoing support to completing their chosen trade qualification.
How to Apply:
We strongly encourage residents, recent school leavers, or mature age candidates to apply. National Apprenticeship Award terms and conditions apply. Click on the apply button to upload your resume and cover letter and complete our application form.