St Peters Junior National Age Coach - Swimming
We are a large independent College with a mission of "Excellence in Christian Co-education" ensuring Every Child Learns, Every Day.
With 2500 Prep to Year 12 students across two Colleges and an iconic outdoor education centre, Ironbark, our employee community need to collaborate across multiple stakeholders to create results. We ask our students and employees to embrace our motto of ‘Plus Ultra’ and contribute to Challenging Minds | Nurturing Hearts | Building Futures.
St Peters Lutheran College and the St Peters Western (SPW) Swimming Club caters for all swimmers from Learn to Swim to Olympic Champions. St Peters prides itself on being an inclusive program with a highly successful swimming pathway. The St Peters National Age Team has been crowned National Age Champion Club since 2015.
St Peters is seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic full time Junior National Age Swimming Coach to join our team and further progress our National Age Swimming Squads. The role will work closely alongside our Senior National Age Coach in the planning and preparation of the St Peters Western State Championship and National Age Teams, St Peters Lutheran College Representative Teams and also oversee the Junior Pathways Program.
- Have demonstrated excellence in the delivery of Swimming programs
- You have a passion and strong knowledge of Swimming with the ability to implement programs from learn to swim through to State and National level
- You build and maintain quality relationships and are able to liaise, consult and positively work with representatives of the College and St Peters Western Swimming Club
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills and are able to communicate sensitively and confidentially with parents, students and other staff
- You are highly organised and take pride in the planning, preparation and delivery of sessions
- You embrace opportunities to reflect upon your professional practice and further develop your own skills and knowledge across a variety of different areas
- You identify with St Peter’s professional behaviours of trust, accountability, unconditional positive regard and open communication and feedback and apply these in all that you do
- You value contributing to diverse and inclusive communities and accept the responsibility to uphold the Christian Ethos, including core values of care, dignity & respect.
Applications close 17 September 2021
Blue Card Legislation has changed effective 31 August 2020 and a No Card, No Start policy is now in effect. This means that paid Employees must hold a current paid Blue Card / Exemption Card or be issued with a paid Blue Card / Exemption Card before they can commence work.
Candidates may wish to consider how their Blue Card status will affect their suitability for this position as a Blue Card / Exemption Card is an inherent requirement of the role prior to a start date.
For more information about these changes or to submit an application for a new or renewed Blue Card / Exemption Card, please go to the Blue Card Services website here.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume via the link. If you have any questions, please contact Julie Coutts on [07 3377 6239]