About Zest Care
As a government-approved Disability Support Provider, Zest Care prides itself on providing client-centred, personalised care to the disabled community with a holistic approach. Our enthusiastic team of support workers are dedicated to make a positive impact and are extensively experienced in vulnerable children, physical disabilities, mental health, behavioural difficulties and special education needs.
Our aim is to support individuals and families by understanding their needs and empowering them to unleash their potentials. We believe that every child and adult deserve to live a meaningful life with minimal barriers and are committed to ensuring this is achieved.
About the Role
Zest Care is currently seeking an experienced family support worker to provide high-quality care services in the Penrith area. In this role you will be providing appropriate levels of support to children and families, including but not limited to light domestic assistance, meal planning, implementing routines and age appropriate activities.
- Have commitment to family and person-centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
- Building and managing a friendly relationship
- Be able to think critically and possess strong decision making skills
- Attention to detail and completing reports accurately
- Be able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Providing community inclusion and networking opportunities for the client and supporting client's recreational activities
- Transporting clients in your vehicle
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
What You Will Need:
- Minimum 6 months experience in child-related social work/family support
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Current Paid Working with Children Check
- NSW Driver Licence
- Certificate III in Community Services or other relevant qualifications (desirable)
What's On Offer:
- Penalty rates on evenings, nights and weekends
- Calculated fuel milage reimbursement
- A team of professional coordinators to assist you 24/7
- Supportive and flexible work environment
If you are an empathetic individual who is passionate about making a difference in people's lives, we'd love to hear from you!