All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for an RF Engineer - Satellites to join Gilmour Space! The candidate shall possess a significant level of experience in modern Digital Communications and will join our avionics team working on the development of the telemetry and telecommand systems for the G-Class Satellite.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Issuing requirements on RF telemetry and tele-command communications
- Performing analysis of RF architectures, such as link budgets and co-siting interference.
- Participating in the design of the telemetry system (including the system-level architecture) of the space vehicle, for transmission of flight data to ground
- Enforcing design, system and specifications as required
- Planning, documenting and executing Verification and Validation activities
- Identify project and product risks and escalate using defined processes
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics, Electrical or Software Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years RF technology experience and knowledge
- A strong track record in Systems Engineering
- Experience with digital communication theory and testing, BER, EVM and NF
- Knowledge of digital communication systems including FEC and modulation types such as QPSK, OQPSK, PCM/FM
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- A high level of understanding of user requirements
- Experience with CCSDS and IRIG-106 standards
- Experience with design tools such as HFSS and Matlab
- Previous experience working with telemetry or telecommand systems
- Exposure to Linux, Python, C/C++ and embedded programming
- Understanding of Satellite RF and power systems
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.