Road Construction and Maintenance Traineeship
Community Solutions is seeking candidates that are interested in commencing a Skilled Construction Worker – Road Construction and Maintenance Traineeship (Certificate III in Civil Construction), based in Brisbane Southside.
The role is full time and is a perfect position for candidates looking to commence a career in the Civil Construction industry. We are looking for candidates who have the commitment to complete a three (3) year traineeship, which will allow you to gain a Certificate III in Civil Construction – Road Construction and Maintenance. The candidate must have strong knowledge and passion for the industry and the ability to work in a large safety first organisation.
THE TRAINEESHIP WILL INVOLVE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Learning to read plans and overviews and follow and implement as directed;
- Carry out measurements and calculations;
- Maintenance and repair on all types of road;
- Operate small plant and equipment;
- Implantation of traffic management plans;
- The work is outdoors in most weather conditions day or night.
- Willing to work a Roster including weekend and shift work.
- Construction White Card.
- Current C class manual driver’s license
- CPR (not essential, but an advantage)
- Ability to provide two work or school related references
Successful applicants will be required to pass an aptitude test, and a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing.