All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Senior Avionics Technician to support the production team to ensure the smooth running of the manufacturing department. You will oversee, direct, create and assemble high-quality components related to our avionics and related systems. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Perform work accurately and to a high standard, according to drawings, procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Prepare, set up, assemble, test, and integrate development and flight equipment, structures and hardware
- Operate automated equipment, including troubleshooting and maintenance
- Perform post-test operations and inspections to ensure flightworthy hardware
- Use precision calibrated tools – torque wrenches, micrometres, and callipers
- Fabricate, repair, and assemble hardware/equipment needed
- Develop novel ways site wide to streamline processes and increase the reliability of operations
- Hands on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies
- Use various equipment and mechanical tools without instruction
- Collaborate with engineers to develop and document activities
- Ensure all services are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of hardware, high pressure systems and pumps, and other ancillary equipment including pneumatic components
- Perform and supervise other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
- Level 3 Trade qualification in Aerospace, Fitting, or other similar trade or 3+ years of experience in the Aerospace, Manufacturing, Marine or Automotive Industry
- Experience working with and troubleshooting complex electronic systems, ideally within the aerospace industry
- Experience using power tools, hand tools, and calibrated tooling
- Current Driver’s License (ability to drive a manual preferred)
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Teamwork, motivational and/or negotiating skill. Anticipates and responds to the needs of others
- Knowledge of temperature, pressure, and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines. Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity. Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- Exceptional time management, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a team environment and have a desire and willingness to assist other team members in the general day to day running of the department
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage work demands and deliver outcomes
- Self-motivated, results oriented with a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety, quality assurance, continuous improvement, and environmental management
- Forklift License (company may provide training)
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees’ terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.