All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Senior Turbomachinery Engineer to lead the engineering and development of turbomachinery to completion. Develop in-house capability and know-how on designing, manufacturing, and testing and all necessary sub-systems. You will document and communicate across all teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space Technologies policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Develop in-house design and simulation tools required for turbine and pump engineering.
- Prepare and grow the company’s capability to manufacture, assemble and test turbines and pumps and required auxiliary sub-systems.
- Assist the Quality department on performing quality checks, cleanliness inspection and measurements on received, manufacture and assembled parts.
- Ensure engineering models, simulations tools and technical documents are up to date and in accordance to Gilmour Space Technologies policies and procedures.
- Communicate with head of propulsion, program managers and team members throughout the company to develop good working relationships and ensure daily operational requirements are met.
- Capacity to maintain and develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor or Master’s in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in developing high performance mechanical and fluid systems, ideally involving pumps and/or turbines.
- The ability to work independently and part of teams.
- Work out development and test plans, establish technical requirements, create test specifications, and create relevant technical reports and documents.
- Have know-how to understand and critically assess dimensions, structural and thermal loads, material capabilities, manufacturing capabilities, sealings, fluids relevant to the development of pump and turbine systems.
- Have experience in using industry standard turbomachinery software and/or be able to establish inhouse developed codes and simulation techniques.
- Lead and participate in manufacturing readiness reviews, test readiness and test review boards.
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.