All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
A new exciting position has emerged for a Manual Machinist to support the Lead Machinist to aid with the smooth running of the machining department. You will document and communicate across all stakeholders in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Manufacturing and modifying high quality components suitable for use in an aerospace application
- Carrying out engineering requests that support the development and manufacture of jigs, fixtures, and specialised tooling, ensuring tooling is always in compliance to industry standards
- Ensuring good manufacturing practice always applies whilst providing ongoing maintenance and organization of toolroom equipment
- Interfacing with external suppliers for sourcing material and tooling required for manufacturing jobs
- Interfacing with the engineering team to ensure manufacturing constraints are incorporated in the design process
- Grow the company’s precision manufacturing capability by assessing the appropriate hardware and staff to meet company goals
- Supporting other manufacturing tasks as dictated by the needs of the business
Skills and Experience:
- Trade qualified Toolmaker or Fitter & Turner Machinist
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience manufacturing precision components using lathes, mills, and general workshop equipment
- Experience manufacturing components that require a high level of accuracy
- Experience in manufacture of aerospace grade components small and large
- Experience working with a range of materials
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.