All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a Propulsion Engineer l to join the team commencing in February 2022. You will assist the engineering and manufacturing teams in the design, build, and test of propulsion systems. You will also document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Assist in the design hardware suitable for flight on a rocket motor system
- Assist in developing and testing rocket engines and other launch vehicle components
- Assist in the assembling, fitting, and functional testing of systems for flight and ground testing
- Undertake research relating to propulsion system optimization
- Undertake environmental testing of components for ground and flight systems (i.e. vibration, pressure, thermal and structural)
- Analyse and interpret data collected during testing
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors (BS) degree in an Engineering discipline
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work independently and part of teams
- Ability to provide and acquire good working knowledge of the propulsion industry
- Ability to aid in the identification of company facilities for assembly and production to enable manufacturing efficiency
- Good understanding and experience in CAD, SolidWorks preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.