All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for an Electrical Technician to fill the Afternoon Shift (1:30pm-9:30pm) in which you will create and assemble quality components vital to the core of Gilmour Space’s innovative designs. You will contribute to the smooth running of the department by effectively communicating with all team members to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner. Document and communicate across teams to ensure duties are performed in an efficient and timely manner whilst adhering to Gilmour Space policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Electronic / Electrical Assembly
- Electrical circuit Fault finding and diagnosis
- Assemble cables, conduct hand soldering, or assemble prototype products based on schematic diagrams; accurately mark changes when instructions vary
- Conduct and record product tests and diagnostic activities to support the production process
- Mechanical enclosure / component assembly
- Ensure all parts meet quality standards
- Build small control panels for basic machine automation
- Install field wiring and termination of motors, sensors, and smart devices
- Use of power tools
- Manual handling
- Work with the Human Resources team to grow the Gilmour Space team as required
- Other duties as requested by Management
Skills and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Trade qualified Electrician or Electrical Technician
- 2+ years of experience in a high reliability operating environment, ideally within the space/aerospace industry.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of temperature, pressure, and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery with great manual dexterity
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) with Engineering and Production
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.