All Orbits, All Planets - Join us on our journey
Gilmour Space is the leading Australian rocket company, pioneering next-generation hybrid propulsion technologies for small satellite launch vehicles.
An exciting new opportunity has emerged for a WHS Technician to provide hands on support and assistance across a range of risk integrated WH&S and environmental matters related to aerospace manufacturing and test. You will be working across multiple sites, conducting a variety of safety activities, and ensuring that safety and environmental objectives across the business are being met. Travelling to multiple outdoor sites, including launch and test environments, will be involved. If you want to be a part of the Space industry and enjoy personable engagement, open communication, collaborative problem solving and building trust with integrity, we would love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities listed are not exhaustive, they represent examples of the work performed by this position. You will be required to perform other duties within your skills and abilities.
- Provide operational day-to-day safety and environmental support and guidance with knowledge and experience in a manufacturing (preferably) or fabrication environment, working with machinery and equipment, hazardous chemicals, and metal fabricated products
- Conduct scheduled workplace hazard inspections and investigate hazard/near miss reports
- Assist in the implementation and compliance of site-specific safety policies and procedures
- Coordinate employee safety and environmental training programs and assist with emergency response training drills across all sites
- Inspect, audit and resupply site emergency response equipment and first aid kits
- Involvement in workplace investigations, the identification of corrective actions and the support of their implementation with supervisors and team leaders
- Review and update of Safe Work Procedures and monitoring of the Verification of Competency training with supervisors and team leaders, ensuring they are completed and kept up to date
- Monitoring and tracking of waste disposal, storage and recycling activities, ensuring all waste is properly labelled and stored according to its classification
- Perform all hazardous waste and hazardous materials storage area inspections
- Order and maintain spill kit supplies and other equipment necessary to maintain safe handling and correct disposal of hazardous waste
- Conduct environmental compliance and safety audits
- Support of the WHS Risk Management process by reviewing completed risk assessments and use of risk tools during test and high-risk activities
- Monitoring of the WHS Contractor Compliance process and ensuring compliance to Risk Assessments, Permit to Work and Safe Work Method Statements
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in monitoring and assisting with work health and safety and environmental programs preferably in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
- Cert IV in Work Health and Safety (or working towards)
- Current Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication with the ability to build and maintain personable and positive working relationships
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft skills
- Strong knowledge of the Queensland Environmental and Work Health and Safety Acts, Regulations and Codes of Practice
- Investigation experience using a variety of analysis methods such as ICAM, PEEPO, TapRooT for example
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment
- Construction White Card
- Return to Work and Injury Management experience
- First Aid Certificate
Policies and Procedures
All Gilmour Space policies and procedures form part of all Employees' terms of engagement and position descriptions. Employees of Gilmour Space are to ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures as updated from time to time. On occasion you may be required to attend training on policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
You will be joining a team that is working together to achieve the unimaginable for human access to space. You will be encouraged to reach your highest potential through continuous learning and embracing change.
If you are a proactive team player with a passion for space and a desire to succeed, please apply now by clicking the apply button and including your resume and cover letter.
Gilmour Space Technologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members.