Our client, City of Canterbury Bankstown Library, is located in South West Sydney.
The Library is a key cultural facility and a vibrant and engaging destination for contemporary arts practices embedded in community engagement.The Library takes an active role in delivering quality community programs that meets the needs of a diverse and growing population.
The Library has an exciting opportunity for a librarian with local history experience to help with :
- Family history queries - assistance / follow up
- Local history queries – assistance / follow up
- Checking for items in catalogue
- Sorting material in compactus
Or a librarian/library assistant to help with :
- Checking for items in catalogues
- Packing material to be sent to records or discarded
- Filing material
- Labeling items
- Re arranging /re shelving material in the compactus
- Discarding material that has been checked
This is a casual position where the hours could be negotiated
- First Aid Certificate
- A current Working with Children’s Check
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Local history experience
- Family history experience
- Experience working with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities
If you have a passion to work with the local community, then this role is for you!
Please apply via the link or alternatively if you want to know more about the roles please call Jannette on 8116- 4719.