Be part of our award winning team. Enjoy living in one of Australia's most interesting tourism environments reflecting sensitivity to the environment and respect for the area's traditional Aboriginal owners. Nitmiluk Gorge winds along 12km of sheer rock extending more than 70m high. Consisting of 13 separate gorges, Nitmiluk Gorge is a maze of waterways sculpted from the sandstone over countless millennia by the Katherine River.
Our venues include the Award winning Cicada Lodge, designed for the sophisticated traveller looking for an authentic Indigenous and natural Australian "experience-of-a-lifetime," in the heart of Australia's Timeless North. A sanctuary of elegant comfort, the Lodge provides a level of excellence in accommodation, service and dining.
Operating 7 days a week. With the Head Chef, Sous Chef and team, you will ensure that our four venues deliver our high standard of culinary offerings. This position is a seasonal casual position available until the end of the tourist season.
To be successful in this position you will ideally have;
- Experience in a similar role as a chef
- A personal desire to succeed and genuine desire to be the best.
- Creativity and flexibility around available ingredients
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- High Level of attention to detail
- Ability to lead and train others in the kitchen
- Possess in depth food and wine knowledge
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace health and safety principles and legislation.
- High level of understanding towards food safety and hygiene practices
We offer a generous range of entitlements including:
- Generous rate of pay
- Subsidised employee accommodation located in Nitmiluk National Park (short walk to work) – subject to availability.
- 20% employee discount on food and merchandise purchased at the workplace
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
*Local applicants encouraged to apply.
If you are interested get your application in soon.
Suitable applicants will be considered for positions as they become available. As this is a temporary register we will contact candidates only if a suitable position for them becomes available.