Brownes Dairy is Western Australia's number 1 player in the dairy category. We're market leaders in White Milk, Flavoured Milk, Yoghurt, Cream and Juice. We're Australia's oldest dairy, celebrating over 131 years in the dairy industry.
We have been awarded one of Australia and New Zealand's Most Innovative companies for 2017 by the Australian Financial Review.
Headquartered in Balcatta, we employ over 250 Western Australians and partner with over 50 dairy farmers in our South West.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Commercial Analyst to join our team in Balcatta.
Reporting to the Sales Commercial Manager, your primary focus will be to drive cultural change of making informed decisions based on insights and data delivered to customers in a timely manner to convert to sales wins.
Working closely with Sales and Marketing teams, you will be responsible for the collection, analysis, and reporting of sales related data in an on-going effort to increase overall sales productivity. The development and tracking of key performance indicators will be critical to enhance the understanding of the business and to improve decision-making.
The Sales Analyst will create both standardized and custom reports, conduct quantitative product and sales analysis.
- Conduct timely and accurate regular reporting for the business, including;
- Analysis and interpretation of sales trends from multiple sources.
Budget and Re-forecasting:
- Responsible for the data preparation of the annual sales budget and quarterly re-forecasting.
- Responsible for the costing of all new product development.
- Reviewing all NPD costings on a quarterly basis to ensure the data is still accurate.
- Monitor competitor marketing/promotion and shelf price movements and provide response recommendations as appropriate.
- Develop market intelligence by undertaking category, competitor, brand and customer analyses using industry leading tools.
- Manage the relationship with our data providers ensuring our contractual commitments and usages are monitored.
- Reporting on promotional efficiencies.
- Support promotional effectiveness reviews, ROI analysis on trade investment and promotional strategy reviews to ensure trade spend optimization.
- Support development and implementation of insight-based promoted pricing depth and frequency guidance across Brownes portfolio based on pack/price architecture, portfolio/brand strategy and channel architecture.
- Support Sales on joint business plan sessions and category reviews.
- Assisting in the automation of manual tasks.
- Support Sales & Marketing on adhoc projects that require market analysis.
- Support Sales & Marketing team to identify optimum ranging and planogram layout that maximizes sales and profitability.
- Adhoc reporting and analysis as required.
- High analytic skills, with a passion in processing data and providing and presenting a synopsis from the data to draw meaningful business insights.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Flexible in the task role of this position and able to adapt to the changing nature of the business.
- You can juggle multiple priorities, keeping all stakeholders informed along the way.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Intermediate to advanced Excel, PowerPoint & Word.
- Experience using agency tools for analysis an advantage e.g. Quantium, Nielsen, Aztec.
- Educated to a minimum Bachelor's degree level in a commercial subject and, ideally, working towards a CPA / CA professional qualification.
- Previous sales support/analysis experience, ideally within the FMCG sector.
- Fluent in English
- Must have full working rights in Australia
If you feel that your skills and experience could be suited to this opportunity we would love to hear from you.
Applications to be received by no later than close of business Friday 19 April 2019.
All applications will be treated with the utmost confidence.
No applications from agencies will be received at this time.