Brownes Dairy is looking for an experienced credit officer to join our supportive, friendly finance team.
Brownes is an iconic West Australian fresh dairy business. Dating back more than 132 years, Brownes has a strong and loyal following and sources all of its milk from South West WA dairy farms. Brownes holds leading positions in the fresh milk, flavoured milks, creams and yoghurt categories and has won various WA and National dairy awards.
The Credit Officer is to actively participate in the process and management of the Accounts Receivable function, to maximize the collection efficiency and minimize overdue and doubtful debts. you will be responsible for maintaining a customer focus in responding to customer claims and queries in a prompt manner and pro-actively contribute to the day to day operations of the Accounts Receivable team.
Key Accountabilities would include but not limited to:
- Preparation and distribution of invoices, statements, account reconciliations and letters
- Responding to customer queries promptly and courteously and raise credit request where necessary
- Processing of credits
- Requesting POD's when required
- Resolution of Claims - keeping Account Managers and Key Stakeholders informed regarding outstanding claims
- Internal Business Support - Contribute to business development and value adding projects
- Provide high quality of service to leverage maximum benefit to the business
- Maintenance of customer records, timely requests to Master Data to ensure all customer details are current
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Accounting certificate or diploma
- Preferable to have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role
- Experience with JDE or SAP systems
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Accurate typing and data entry skills
The person we are seeking would have good communication skills, both written and verbal and be highly organized with the ability to prioritize their workload to meet deadlines. They would also be a motivated team player, who has the ability to work unsupervised. We are seeking someone who is proactive and not afraid to contribute new ideas and processes to help improve efficiencies. Previous dealings with Doubtful Debts and the legal processes will be advantageous.
WHAT WE OFFER
Working with a supportive, friendly finance team who are all located at our Head Office in Balcatta. Advantage of plenty of free onsite parking, an active social club, and Cafe on site.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted at this time.