Aquinas College is a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice Tradition servicing in excess of 1,300 local, country and international boys. Aquinas College has a rich history within Western Australia education and a reputation of producing outstanding young men.
Reporting directly to the Headmaster, this is a broad role, in which you will be responsible for an existing management team, covering the areas of Finance and Operations with the responsibility of ensuring performance to achieve financial, operational and strategic objectives of the College.
To manage, enhance and implement financial and operational structures, performance and reporting of the College in line with the financial, operational and strategic objectives of the College. To inspire, lead and manage the financial and operations staff of the College.
To be successful in this role you will have the following credentials:
- Hold a Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Business or Commerce related field and be a CPA or CA ;
- To be successful in the role you must possess high level financial and commercial acumen;
- Hold a Working with Children clearance;
- Gain a satisfactory National Police clearance;
- Have or be prepared to undertake Mandatory Reporting training; and
- Have appropriate Australian work rights.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following:
- Support for the Edmund Rice Charism, Edmund Rice schooling, Catholic ethos and the College Mission;
- Sound knowledge and experience in a similar role
- Demonstrate an advanced leadership style to accommodate different personalities and context which ensure interpersonal relationships are positive and focused on the strategic outcomes of the College.
- Advanced communication skills to match context and audience.
- Demonstrate a history of making sound decisions
- Demonstrate strong skills in strategic, operational and financial management to identify, plan and execute strategic outcomes.
- Advanced IT skills working with various software packages ; and
- Ability to work cohesively within a team or autonomously.
Employment Conditions and Benefits:
Aquinas College provides a supportive, inclusive, stimulating and spiritual work environment, with access to outstanding facilities and resources to enable academic excellence, in a beautiful setting overlooking the Canning River. The employment terms and conditions are governed by the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Perth Non-Teaching Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2014 with the remuneration package in line with the Edmund Rice Education Australia National Framework for Remuneration.
The job description is in accordance with that set down by Edmund Rice Education Australia and is available on the Aquinas College website www.aquinas.wa.edu.au.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please include the following in your written application:
- Covering letter addressing the selection criteria (2 A4 Pages);
- Current resume with the names and contact details of 3 referees;
- Copies of your qualifications and credentials; and
- Nominate the basis of Australian work rights (Australian birth certificate, passport, citizenship certificate, or work rights visa).
Please submit your applications by 8am, Monday 18th September 2017
Aquinas College is an Equal Opportunity Employer