DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
Commencing Term One, 2018
Maternity Leave Cover
Aquinas College is a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice Tradition servicing in excess of 1,300 local, country and international boys. Aquinas College has a rich history within Western Australia education and a reputation of producing outstanding young men.
We are seeking a passionate, dynamic and innovative, Director of Music who demonstrates significant leadership and teaching experience, particularly within the music domain. You will have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and a desire to make a difference. This is an across College role (K-12), and forms part of a values based, inclusive, supportive and high performing team, reporting to the Head of Arts & Culture.
Inspire, lead and manage staff in the delivery of the College’s music curriculum and co-curricular programs to provide students with quality opportunities.
Successful Candidate Credentials
To be successful in this role you will have the following credentials:
- Hold a tertiary qualification specific to the specialist area of education;
- Relevant post graduate qualifications (desirable)
- Hold a current Teachers Registration Board (TRB) registration;
- Hold a current Working with Children Check card
- Gain a satisfactory National Police clearance;
- Have or be prepared to obtain Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic school; and
- Have or be prepared to undertake Mandatory Reporting training.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following:
- Active support for the Edmund Rice Charism, Edmund Rice schooling, Catholic ethos and the College Mission;
- Comprehensive collaborative leadership experience gained within the education sector;
- Significant expertise in leading, developing and implementing classroom music and instrumental music programs;
- Experience conducting a range of musical ensembles including orchestral, band and choral music;
- Knowledge of choral music;
- An understanding of current educational issues, Australian K-10 Curriculum and Year 11-12 WACE courses;
- Exemplary classroom practice, delivering education content and vision with a strong sense of purpose;
- Significant experience and knowledge of boys’ education philosophies;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, enabling harmonious and effective relationships;
- Strong communication, organisational, time management and problem solving skills; and
- Ability to play the piano would be highly regarded, however not a necessity.
Employment Conditions and Benefits:
Aquinas College provides a supportive, inclusive, stimulating and spiritual work environment, with access to outstanding facilities and resources to enable academic excellence, in a beautiful setting overlooking the Canning River. The employment terms and conditions are governed by the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Perth Teachers Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2012.
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please include the following in your written application:
- Covering letter addressing the selection criteria (2 A4 pages);
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Name and contact details of three (3) referees;
- Copies of relevant qualifications and credentials; and
- Nominate the basis of Australian work rights (Australian birth certificate, Australian passport, Australian citizenship or Australian work rights visa).
Please submit your applications to www.aquinas.wa.edu.au by 4pm, Monday 26th September 2017
Aquinas College is an Equal Opportunity Employer