Full-time Long Service Leave Relief
Temporary Semester One 2018
Aquinas College is a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice Tradition servicing in excess of 1,300 local, country and international boys. Aquinas College has a rich history within Western Australia education and a reputation of producing outstanding young men.
We are seeking a passionate, dynamic and innovative, Italian Teacher who demonstrates extensive teaching experience with a strong commitment to teaching excellence and a desire to make a difference. This role forms part of an inclusive, supportive and high performing team, within a values based environment, reporting to the Head of Learning Area - LOTE.
This role may have Tutor Group responsibilities.
To inspire boys to be the best they can be through effective teaching, learning and pastoral care.
Successful Candidate Credentials
To be successful in this role you will have the following credentials:
- Hold a tertiary qualification specific to the specialist area of education;
- Hold a current Teachers Registration Board (TRB) registration;
- Hold a current Working with Children Check card;
- Gain a satisfactory National Police History Check;
- Have or be prepared to obtain Accreditation to Teach in a Catholic school, or equivalent; and
- Have or be prepared to undertake Mandatory Reporting training.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following:
- Active support for the Edmund Rice Charism, Edmund Rice schooling, Catholic ethos and the College Mission;
- Delivery of an educational vision and purpose consistent with College Mission;
- A comprehensive understanding of current educational matters, including Australian Curriculum and WACE courses;
- Comprehensive experience delivering education content with a commitment to teaching excellence;
- Outstanding classroom practice and comprehensive experience using ICT in the classroom;
- Experience in or knowledge of boys' educational philosophies;
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, enabling harmonious and positive relationships; and
- Strong communication, organisation and time management skills.
Employment Conditions and Benefits:
Aquinas College provides a supportive, inclusive, stimulating and spiritual work environment, with access to outstanding facilities and resources to enable academic excellence, in a beautiful setting overlooking the Canning River. The employment terms and conditions are governed by the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Perth Teachers Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2015.
Further information about this role is available on the Aquinas College website: www.aquinas.wa.edu.au
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please include the following in your written application:
- Covering letter addressing the selection criteria (2 A4 pages);
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae;
- Name and contact details of three (3) referees;
- Copies of relevant qualifications and credentials; and
- Nominate the basis of Australian work rights (Australian birth certificate, Australian passport, Australian citizenship or Australian work rights visa).
Applications close 4pm, Monday 18th September 2017
Aquinas College is an Equal Opportunity Employer