About Curtin Heritage Living
Curtin Heritage Living is a not-for-profit, community-based organisation that has been providing a range of services to older members of the western suburbs for over 40 years. We are currently undergoing significant expansion, including the redevelopment of our iconic site on the beach in Cottesloe, and are well known for providing excellence in dementia care services at our Mosman Park home.
About the role
We are looking for a passionate Occupational Therapist to join our team at RiverSea Mosman Park. The position will be permanent part time, 13 hours per week.
What you will be doing
- Provide holistic treatment to our aged care residents for the management of acute of chronic pain.
- Undertake therapy assessments, treatment plans and treatments in partnership with residents and representatives, and in line with resident needs, professional guidelines and organisational process.
- Liaise with medical, nursing, care, other allied health, service providers and equipment providers to ensure holistic, comprehensive delivery of care.
- Document and report care interventions, observations, changes in needs and resident feedback in an accurate, objective and efficient manner.
- Ensure a clean, pleasant and welcoming physical environment.
- Contribute to auditing, review and service development processes.
- Assist in the review and dissemination of allied health policies, procedures and assessment tools under the direction of the Allied Health Team Leader and Service Manager.
- Provide advice and education to staff to ensure appropriate care.
- Assist in the delivery of local clinical training and competency programs.
- Provide leadership to the Wellness Centre therapy team, including performance reviews, supporting team members and providing education.
Who we are looking for
- Registered as an Occupational Therapist with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated aptitude to help improve the lives of older people.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to take a leadership role.
- Reliable and positive work ethic.
- Attention to personal appearance.
- National Police Clearance (current to within three-years).
- Australian working rights.
- Basic computer skills.
- Evidence of 2020 or 2021 influenza vaccination
- Experience working in aged care, community services or disability services.
- Well-developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a client focused culture that values continuous improvement.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adapt work priorities and meet deadlines depending on the needs of the resident.
- Demonstrated understanding of accreditation standards and funding rules.
Benefits and perks
- Work as part of a passionate, supportive and experienced specialist team
- Support for attending CPD courses and external learning
- Negotiable days of work
- Salary packaging, up to $15,700 tax free
- Discounted private health care rates
- Uniform provided