About Curtin Heritage Living
Curtin Heritage Living is a not-for-profit, community-based organisation that has been providing a range of services to older members of the western suburbs for over 40 years.
About the role
We are seeking skilled, compassionate and reliable carers to join our team.
What you will be doing
- Assist residents with activities of daily living in line with organisational values, resident preferences, care plans, organisational policy and duty statements.
- Promote choice and independence by assisting to identify resident needs and preferences and communicating these choices to clinical staff.
- Ensure the dignity, privacy and freedoms of residents are upheld in line with the Charter of Resident Rights and Responsibilities.
- Document and report care interventions, observations, changes in needs, resident feedback and concerns in an accurate, objective and efficient manner.
- Ensure a clean, pleasant and welcoming physical environment.
- Work as a team to deliver consistent, resident-focused services.
- Communicate with other team members in a positive manner.
Who we're looking for
- Demonstrated aptitude to help improve the lives of older people.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
- Reliable and positive work ethic.
- Attention to personal appearance.
- National Police Clearance (current to within three-years).
- Working rights.
- Basic computer skills.
- Experience working in aged care, community services or disability services.
- Certificate III or IV in aged care or community services.
- Well-developed verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working in a client focused culture that values continuous improvement.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to adapt work priorities and meet deadlines depending on the needs of the resident.
Those successful at screening an interview will be required to complete a short written test.
Benefits and perks
- Salary packaging, up to $15,700 tax free
- Discounted private health care rates
- Free uniform