- Passionate about providing strategic leadership to a team of dedicated ministry staff?
- Eager to see new ministry initiatives developed?
- Do you want to use your leadership experience to make a difference in the lives of young people, families, schools and wider local communities?
About Scripture Union Australia
Scripture Union Australia (SUA) is an interdenominational Christian movement committed to providing Australian children, young people and families with opportunities to experience the transforming love of Jesus and to pursue a lifelong journey of discipleship.
SUA is part of the worldwide Scripture Union movement, a movement of Christians working with churches to make God’s Good News known to children, young people and families and to encourage people of all ages to meet God daily through Bible reading and prayer. (scriptureunion.org.au)
SUA is a charitable 'limited by guarantee' not-for-profit organisation comprising more than 900 staff and thousands of volunteers, working with churches and serving in communities in all states and territories across Australia.
All SUA staff and volunteers are empowered and equipped to champion a child safe culture and are committed to the highest standards of safety and care in our work with children, young people and families.
The SUA team in WA is a dedicated and passionate group, supporting dynamic and innovative ministry across the State. The Regional Manager - Ministry Leadership brings leadership and oversight to the camping, schools, mission and leadership development activities of the movement, including the nearly 800 volunteers who make the love of Jesus known to children and young people. We are seeking an experienced ministry leader to oversee and supervise SUA ministries and ministry staff. Reporting to the Group Director, West Zone, the successful applicant will provide spiritual and strategic leadership across various ministries, show excellence in networking and building relationships with external stakeholders, and have a passion to see SUA thrive in WA.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Committed to providing spiritual leadership and support for SUA employees and volunteers in Western Australia.
- Effective in working with the Zone Group Director to develop a strategic direction for the various ministries in Western Australia.
- Highly skilled in building partnerships with external groups, organisations and people, such as local churches, schools, charities and government.
- Responsible for ensuring SUA ministries in the region are financially viable and sustainable.
- Experienced in managing risk and compliance obligations.
To be considered for this role, please complete your application including the following:
- Cover Letter– Clearly outlining how you meet the role requirements as listed above for our ‘ideal candidate’, including why you want to work with SUA and your cultural fit with our organisation. No more than two pages in total.
- Current CV
Click here to be directed to our website for a copy of the role statement and to apply.
The closing date for this position is 3 November 2021. For all other general enquiries please call Kent Morgan, Group Director, West Zone on (08) 9371 9100.